Hello church family,
1. PLEASE NOTE: Masks will continue to be required in the First UMC building until further notice.
2. April 22nd is the newsletter deadline.
3. Volunteers Needed for Spring Cleaning at the Lighthouse!
When: Saturday, April 24 from 9am to noon
There’s work for everyone. We will be cleaning up the yard and flower bed, treating the deck, washing windows, organizing supply closets, washing the refrigerator/freezer/stove, sanitizing chairs, deep cleaning bathrooms and much more! Come for the morning or for an hour. Many hands will make this work light. Please help us care for this building so it’s welcoming to our neighbors. If you have questions, please talk to Pastor Andrea.
4. Are you interested in becoming a member of the First UMC Community? Pastor Andrea and Pastor Chris will be hosting a new member class on Sunday, April 25, 2021 from 2:00 – 4:00pm. If you are interested in attending this class, contact the church office at 463-2859
5. No Nica Brunch this year!! We ask that you prayerfully consider still giving to our mission with a donation. We will be collecting donations April 24th -May 22nd, 2021.
6. We want to celebrate our 2021 graduates!! Graduation Sunday will be Sunday, May 16. If you are graduating from high school, college, vocational school, or graduate school or you know someone who you want to celebrate on Graduation Sunday, please contact the church office at 463-2859.
7. The Outreach Committee has begun a new outreach for our congregation to meet the students at Pioneer Estates as they get off the bus on Wednesdays 3:40-4:00 to give them a snack and some smiles. If you would be able to help organize this activity or would like to “Meet the Bus” on a Wednesday, contact Anita at the church or Kris Dickinson @ 463-4341.
8. If you would like to enroll in One Call Now or would like to change the way you are receiving the announcements, please call the church office.
For more details and other news click here bit.ly/LUMCnews.
See you in worship on Sunday at 9:30 digital or in-person at 8:30 and 10:30 am.