Hello church family,
1. PLEASE NOTE: Masks will continue to be required in the First UMC building until further notice. We understand that Governor Eric Holcomb is moving the state from a “mask mandate” to a “mask advisory” on April 6 but we at First UMC will continue to require that masks be worn at all times while in the church building.
2. Thursday April 8th from 6:00-7:15 WILD Bible study will be meeting in person. Yes you heard that right, we are meeting in person!
Call the office if you would like more info on the study or call Lynnsey Peachey at 260-350-2054. If you are unable to make it in person you can also meet via Zoom.
Six week study:
How to Read Your Bible Trailer:
Does the Bible feel too intimidating and complex? Does understanding it feel impossible, so you don’t even try?
In this six-week study, we want to help you understand why the Bible is the greatest tool we have. We want to open your eyes to the way the Old Testament and New Testament connect and show you the purpose of each book of the Bible. Through this study, featuring teaching videos from Jennie Allen, Bianca Juárez Olthoff, and Jo Saxton you will:
- Understand that the Bible is relevant for you here and now.
- Uncover what each of the books of the Bible are about and how they all connect.
- Discover a method to breaking down Scripture in order to better comprehend it.
- Have a new confidence in understanding the Bible and a hunger to know it more.
3. In person Sunday School classes begin Sunday, April 11th from 9:30 – 10:15am
4. Are you interested in becoming a member of the First UMC Community? Pastor Andrea and Pastor Chris will be hosting a new member class on Sunday, April 25, 2021 from 2:00 – 4:00pm. If you are interested in attending this class, contact the church office at 463-2859
5. We want to celebrate our 2021 graduates!! Graduation Sunday will be Sunday, May 16. If you are graduating from high school, college, vocational school, or graduate school or you know someone who you want to celebrate on Graduation Sunday, please contact the church office at 463-2859.
6. The Outreach Committee is starting a new outreach for our congregation to meet the students at Pioneer Estates as they get off the bus on Wednesdays 3:40-4:00 to give them a snack and some smiles. If you would be able to help organize this activity or would like to “Meet the Bus” on a Wednesday, contact Anita at the church or Kris Dickinson @ 463-4341
For more details and other news click here bit.ly/LUMCnews. See you in worship on Sunday at 9:30 digital and in person.