Hello church family,
1. PLEASE NOTE: Masks will continue to be required in the First UMC building until further notice.
2. Are you interested in becoming a member of the First UMC Community? Pastor Andrea and Pastor Chris will be hosting a new member class on Sunday, April 25, 2021 from 2:00 – 4:00pm. If you are interested in attending this class, contact the church office at 463-2859
3. No Nica Brunch this year!! We ask that you prayerfully consider still giving to our mission with a donation. We will be collecting donations April 24th -May 22nd, 2021.
4. We want to celebrate our 2021 graduates!! Graduation Sunday will be Sunday, May 16. If you are graduating from high school, college, vocational school, or graduate school or you know someone who you want to celebrate on Graduation Sunday, please contact the church office at 463-2859.
5. Reminder: we still need volunteers to help spring clean the Lighthouse (Lot 100), Saturday, April 24th from 9am to noon. There are many tasks that need to be done.
6. The 10:30am service is going on the road!! Starting May 9, the 10:30am worship service will take place at different locations throughout the area. The first site will be at the O’Shaughnessy’s property on Oliver Lake. Look on our Facebook page for more information about this exciting adventure!
7. MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY – HELP WITH PRESCHOOL GRADUATION (MAY 13 – 6 PM – CHURCH PARKING LOT) Preschool needs for graduation: 3 volunteers to help usher (be there by 5:40 pm), 4 volunteers to help set up and tear down (be there for set up at 5 pm), 200 cookies (10 volunteers/2dz. each) and 3 volunteers to bag. Please sign-up in the comment section of Facebook, on the sign-up sheet in the hallway at church or call the church office
8. Bright Beginnings Preschool enrollment is now open for the 2021/2022 school year. Open the attachment and please share.
9. The May/June issues of the Upper Room are available.
10. If you would like to enroll in One Call Now or would like to change the way you are receiving the announcements, please call the church office.
For more details and other news click here bit.ly/LUMCnews. See you in worship on Sunday at 9:30 digital and in person.