Hello church family,
1. The Transition Team made several decisions (after a very good discussion and discernment) on COVID restrictions at First UMC, especially in light of the new CDC guidelines that came out on Thursday, May 13.
- Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks in the building.
- Unvaccinated people will still be required to wear masks in the building.
- Children under 12 would need to wear masks.
- Masks will be required for adults when working with children (Sunday school, VBS, etc.)
- UMW can resume providing funeral dinners.
- Crepe paper barriers will be removed from sanctuary
- All rooms are now available for groups to use
- The Nursery will resume operations starting June 6
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Chris.
2. Updated Office Hours: Starting Monday, May 24, the new church office hours will be as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Chris
3. No Nica Brunch this year!! We ask that you prayerfully consider still giving to our mission with a donation. We will be collecting donations April 24th -May 22nd, 2021.
4. As we prepare for the change of pastors, we need your help! We are in need of volunteers to help clean, paint, and repair the parsonage. The timeline for getting all the work done is tight so the more helpers we have, the better! If you are interested/available to help, please contact Anita at the church office (463-2859) or Larry Dickinson (463-1382).
5. Attention Parents/Grandparents: If you could use some ideas on helping disciple your children in their faith, please join us Tuesday, June 1st at 6:15pm at First United Methodist Church, 209 West Spring St., LaGrange, IN
6. The 10:30 am service is on the road!! This Sunday, May 23, the 10:30 am worship service will take place at the LaGrange County Courthouse gazebo. Please bring your own chairs! If weather takes us indoors, we will be in the sanctuary. Watch our Facebook page or receive an alert from One Call on Saturday evening if we need to go indoors.
7. Bright Beginnings Preschool is planning to have a garage sale on Saturday, June 5, 2021, beginning at 8:30 am in the church parking lot. Watch for more information to come.
8. Bright Beginnings Preschool Enrollment is now open for the 2021/2022 school year. Open the attachment and please share.
9. The Red Cross Blood Drive is Monday, May 24th at noon.
10. Vacation Bible School will take place June 21-24th from 6-8pm. If you are interested in being a VBS volunteer, please contact Jeni Resor at 260-463-6302. VBS volunteers will receive a t-shirt for VBS week, please have your shirt size to Jeni by the end of May.
For more details and other news click here bit.ly/LUMCnews. See you in worship on Sunday at 8:30, digital at 9:30 and on the road at 10:30.