Hello church family,
1. The Transition Team made several decisions (after a very good discussion and discernment) on COVID restrictions at First UMC, especially in light of the new CDC guidelines.
- Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks in the building.
- Unvaccinated people will still be required to wear masks in the building.
- Children under 12 need to wear masks
- Masks will be required for adults when working with children (Sunday school, VBS, etc.)
- UMW can resume providing funeral dinners.
- All rooms are now available for groups to use
- The Nursery will resume operations starting June 6
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Chris.
2. Updated Office Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Office will be closed Monday, May 31st.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Chris
3. As we prepare for the change of pastors, we need your help! We need of volunteers to help clean, paint, and repair the parsonage. The timeline for getting all the work done is tight so the more helpers we have, the better! If you are interested/available to help, please contact Anita at the church office (463-2859) or Larry Dickinson (463-1382).
4. Attention Parents/Grandparents: If you could use some ideas on helping disciple your children in their faith, please join us Tuesday, June 1st at 6:15pm at First United Methodist Church, 209 West Spring St., LaGrange, IN
5. The 10:30 am service is on the road!! This Sunday, May 30, the 10:30 am worship service will take place at the John & Trudy Christner’s lake property, 1090W 575S, Wolcottville. Please bring your own chairs! If weather takes us indoors, we will be in the sanctuary. Watch our Facebook page or receive an alert from One Call on Saturday evening if we need to go indoors.
6. Bright Beginnings Preschool is planning to have a garage sale on Saturday, June 5, 2021, beginning at 8:30 am in the church parking lot. Watch for more information to come.
7. Enrollment is now open for the 2021/2022 school year. Open the attachment and please share.
8. Vacation Bible School will take place June 21-24th from 6-8pm. If you are interested in being a VBS volunteer, please contact Jeni Resor at 260-463-6302. VBS volunteers will receive a t-shirt for VBS week, please have your shirt size to Jeni by the end of May.
9. We are collecting a farewell love offering for pastors Chris and Andrea. Envelopes are available this Sunday at each service. Please have them turned in to the office by June 9th. Make checks payable to the church and in the memo line write “Farewell Love Offering”.
For more details and other news click here bit.ly/LUMCnews. See you in worship on Sunday at 8:30, digital at 9:30 and on the road at 10:30.